1. In press: Arthroplasty Today. Identifying the period of greatest blood loss after lower limb arthroplasty.
Magill P, Cunningham EL, Hill JC, Beverland DE.
2. A device to make the pelvic sagittal plane horizontal and reduce error in cup inclination during total hip arthroplasty: a validation study. Hip Int.
2018 Sep;28(5):473-477. McMahon SE, Magill P, Bopf DP, Beverland DE.
3. Assessment of the effect of addition of 24 hours of oral tranexamic acid post-operatively to a single intraoperative intravenous dose of tranexamic acid on calculated blood loss following primary hip and knee arthroplasty (TRAC-24): A study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Dec 2018 · Trials. Hill JC, Magill P, Beverland DE et al
4. Correction of pelvic adduction during total hip arthroplasty reduces variability in radiographic inclination: findings of a randomised controlled trial.
May 2018 · Hip International. O’Neill CK, Magill P, Hill JC, Beverland DE et al
5. Acute kidney injury following prophylactic cefuroxime and gentamicin in patients undergoing primary hip and knee arthroplasty – A propensity score matched study
May 2018 · The Journal of Arthroplasty. Tucker A, Magill P, Hegarty P, Beverland DE
6. Impact of a learning curve on the survivorship of 4802 cementless total hip arthroplasties
Dec 2016 · Bone and Joint Journal. Magill P, Blaney J, Hill JC, Beverland DE et al
7. Bilateral total hip replacement in arthrogryposis multiplex congenita
Nov 2015 · BMJ Case Reports. Dalton D, Magill P, Mulhall KJ
8. A Case Study of Three Abscesses of Iliopsoas: Variety in Etiology, Presentation and Organisms.
Jul 2015 · Irish Journal of Medical Science. Crozier-Shaw G, Magill P
9. What causes dislocation of a total hip arthroplasty; a simple mnemonic for the orthopaedic resident.
Mar 2015· International Orthopaedics. Crozier Shaw G, Magill P
10. Suspected coexistent osteoporosis and osteomalacia with atraumatic bilateral neck of femur fractures in a 53-year-old man without apparent risk factors.
Sep 2014 · BMJ Case Reports. De Marchi J, Bajwa R, Duggan SN, Magill
11. Unpressurised Cement Acetabular Liner (UCAL) – An Additional Technique for Enhancing Hip Spacer Performance.
Sep 2013 · The Journal of arthroplasty. Magill P, Donnelly MP
12. Spinal fracture in an under-age rugby player.
Oct 2012 · Irish medical journal. Magill P, Quinlan JF, Kelly I
13. A novel in vitro model of ischaemic preconditioning: Its effect on cell viability in human skeletal muscle and a possible explanation for the ‘second window of protection’
Aug 2012 · Journal of Orthopaedic Science. Magill P, Walsh P, Murphy T, Mulhall KJ
14. Investigating male sexual function post pelvic and acetabular fracture
Mar 2012 · Irish Journal of Medical Science. O’Neill SC, Magill P, Queally JM, McElwain JP
15. Minimum ten-year follow-up of acetabular fracture fixation from the Irish tertiary referral centre.
Jan 2012· Injury. Magill P, McGarry JG, Queally JM, McElwain JP
16. Review Article: Osteochondral Reconstruction and Grafting
Apr 2011· Journal of orthopaedic surgery. Magill P, Byrne DP, Baker JF, Mulhall KJ
17. Femoroacetabular Impingement
Jan 2010 · The Open Sports Medicine Journal. Magill P, Baker JF, Mulhall KJ
18. Transient osteoporosis of the hip and spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee: A common aetiology?
Sep 2009· Irish Journal of Medical Science. Adriaensen, Magill P, Mulhall KJ, Kavanagh EC et al
19. Minimally-invasive treatment of high velocity intra-articular fractures of the distal tibia
Aug 2009· International Orthopaedics. Leonard M, Magill P, Khayyat G
20. Preconditioning and its clinical potential
Apr 2009 · Irish Journal of Medical Science. Magill P, Murphy T, Mulhall KJ et al
21. Complex volar dislocation of the distal radioulnar joint in a Galleazi variant associated with interposition of the ulnar neurovascular bundle.
May 2008 · European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology. Magill P, Harrington P
22. Radiologic comparison of cemented and uncemented total hip arthroplasty and hip resurfacing.
Nov 2007 · European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology. Leonard M, Magill P, Kiely P, Khayyat G.
23. A Rare Case of Segmental Testicular Infarction.
Jun 2007 · Urology. Magill P, Jacob T, Lennon G
24. A Case of Probable Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis
Feb 2006 · JOP: Journal of the pancreas. Magill P, Ridgway PF, Conlon KC, Neary PC